When the colder days are in full force, it usually means some good ol' sick days come forth & you stay in much more, the window becomes your best friend and that means more time at home. So what do I do? Well... I read! I catch up on all the books I have neglected, I find new books which I know we're just waiting for me and I note down books that friends and family members recommend. I stalk up!
There is something great and beautiful about a book, it transports you to a new world. I guess that's why I love to read in the winter days, because for a few minutes of my day, I get to be in a different world, time and place. I guess that's also why you need to be mindful of what you read because not all books take you to good places. Go to good places!! Don't waste your time on things that will not edify you in any way.
So what categorizes a good book for me? ...Something that makes you think, that tests your word pool and enhances your knowledge (if you need to search up a word in the dictionary while reading voila! You learned something nouveau), that has a realistic story line or if not... well relatable, something enticing and that at the end you wish it had not ended or that you just most definately will re-read!
So here is some of my fave books :D!
1. The Shelf of Life by Ruth Harvey - Let me tell you it really does edify and teaches you a lot about Christian life and overcoming the negative!
2. Cheated by Jerry Jones- Oh have you ever heard the story of Jacob, Rachel & Leah? Well this books breaks it down in an unforgettable way!! It WILL make you cry!
3. Kisses for Katie by Katie Davis- Its an inspiring book about how one young girl has fullfiled and is living her dream by going across the world to help those in need.
4. Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury - This is one of my top favourite books. ITS A MUST READ!! It walks you through the life of a young man who has Autism, his journey through life. A definate tear jerker!!
5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - All I can say is I love Mr. Darcy!! Jeje! But really I love this story because its about how a man can change for love and how he can love a girl who is herself, not exactly perfect but beautiful for whom she is.
6. Anahita's Woven Riddle by Meghan Nuttall Sayres - Is about a young lady who is going to get an arrange marriage but she refuses to do so. Instead she comes up with a woven riddle, she promises that whomever guesses the riddle she will marry. She gets amazing suitors and the story is just enticing!!
MUST READ SERIES:
9. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Adventure, Drama & Thriller
Well thats the end of this list.
I hope you can read some or any of these books and enjoy them as I did. If you do let me know how you like them... & If you already have read any, let me know what you thought...
Blessings! Have a Wonderful Day!
P.s. Stay Warm!