THESE ARE NOT MY WORDS... I am not really sure whos... but whoever wrote it did great :D...
This is the thing: When you hit 28 or 30, everything begins to divide. You can see very clearly two kinds of people. On one side, people who have used their 20s to learn and grow, to find … themselves and their dreams, people who know what works and what doesn’t, who have pushed through to become real live adults. Then there’s the other kind, who are hanging onto college, or high school even, with all their might. They’ve stayed in jobs they hate, because they’re too scared to get another one. They’ve stayed with men or women who are good but not great, because they don’t want to be lonely. … they mean to develop intimate friendships, they mean to stop drinking like life is one big frat party. But they don’t do those things, so they live in an extended adolescence, no closer to adulthood than when they graduated. Don’t be like that. Don’t get stuck. Move, travel, take a class, take a risk. There is a season for wildness and a season for settledness, and this is neither. This season is about becoming. Don’t lose yourself at happy hour, but don’t lose yourself on the corporate ladder either. Stop every once in a while and go out to coffee or climb in bed with your journal. Ask yourself some good questions like: “Am I proud of the life I’m living? What have I tried this month? … Do the people I’m spending time with give me life, or make me feel small? Is there any brokenness in my life that’s keeping me from moving forward?” Now is your time. Walk closely with people you love, and with people who believe … life is a grand adventure. Don’t get stuck in the past, and don’t try to fast-forward yourself into a future you haven’t yet earned. Give today all the love and intensity and courage you can, and keep traveling honestly along life’s path. Pinterest
Food for thought huh :)!!
God Bless You!!
Have a wonderful day!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
So today I got insipred by the beautiful weather outside :D 'tis looking like spring... however here in Canada we are having some crazy weather and apparently tonight we are supposed to get this huge snow storm with 15 to 20cm of snow... ooooh yiiippppeee :P... but back on topic, I also got inspired by l'amour do to pinterest quotes of course ;) and well my family who is wishing us youngings (or oldies, depending on your view - jejeje) married.
So Seasons and Love combined make for good poetic inspiration :D
Here 'tis, my little poem:
Love is like SPRING - it makes you come alive,
Love is like SUMMER - it warms your heart,
Love is like FALL - it colours your world,
Love is like WINTER - it numbs your senses!
|LOVE THIS PAINTING: If I had time i'd attempt this, if i had money i'd just buy it!|
Have a wonderful blessed day!!
Thursday, February 21, 2013
When the colder days are in full force, it usually means some good ol' sick days come forth & you stay in much more, the window becomes your best friend and that means more time at home. So what do I do? Well... I read! I catch up on all the books I have neglected, I find new books which I know we're just waiting for me and I note down books that friends and family members recommend. I stalk up!
There is something great and beautiful about a book, it transports you to a new world. I guess that's why I love to read in the winter days, because for a few minutes of my day, I get to be in a different world, time and place. I guess that's also why you need to be mindful of what you read because not all books take you to good places. Go to good places!! Don't waste your time on things that will not edify you in any way.
So what categorizes a good book for me? ...Something that makes you think, that tests your word pool and enhances your knowledge (if you need to search up a word in the dictionary while reading voila! You learned something nouveau), that has a realistic story line or if not... well relatable, something enticing and that at the end you wish it had not ended or that you just most definately will re-read!
So here is some of my fave books :D!
1. The Shelf of Life by Ruth Harvey - Let me tell you it really does edify and teaches you a lot about Christian life and overcoming the negative!
2. Cheated by Jerry Jones- Oh have you ever heard the story of Jacob, Rachel & Leah? Well this books breaks it down in an unforgettable way!! It WILL make you cry!
3. Kisses for Katie by Katie Davis- Its an inspiring book about how one young girl has fullfiled and is living her dream by going across the world to help those in need.
4. Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury - This is one of my top favourite books. ITS A MUST READ!! It walks you through the life of a young man who has Autism, his journey through life. A definate tear jerker!!
5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - All I can say is I love Mr. Darcy!! Jeje! But really I love this story because its about how a man can change for love and how he can love a girl who is herself, not exactly perfect but beautiful for whom she is.
6. Anahita's Woven Riddle by Meghan Nuttall Sayres - Is about a young lady who is going to get an arrange marriage but she refuses to do so. Instead she comes up with a woven riddle, she promises that whomever guesses the riddle she will marry. She gets amazing suitors and the story is just enticing!!
MUST READ SERIES:
9. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Adventure, Drama & Thriller
Well thats the end of this list.
I hope you can read some or any of these books and enjoy them as I did. If you do let me know how you like them... & If you already have read any, let me know what you thought...
Blessings! Have a Wonderful Day!
P.s. Stay Warm!
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
For 1 Well Lotsa Love
Its nice to see many people running around getting there loved one gifts. The amount of attention and details going into what they are giving. Its sweet! Happy Times!
& For 2 Lotsa Family Birthdays!!
Out of 3 children in my family the last 2 were born in February.. so there is plenty of celebration in February ~ yey!
Have a great day!
God Bless You Tons..